
I should know better by now. I mean, I have been doing this parenting thing for a long time. But last night, I was tired and it was out of my mouth before I realized it....I hate it when that happens!
I came home from a date with David. We had had a nice meal, went shopping at the mall, and in the process, picked up a few things for the kids for their Christmas. We had a relaxing drive home...enjoying the time to talk to each other without using code words or being interrupted every five seconds. Ahhhhhh
In the door we come, and the first thing out of the littlest one's mouth is, "did you get anything for meeeeee?" (Here comes the blunder...can't you just feel it-stop Kym!!!)
"Well, nothing for now, but I did get one of your Christmas presents...."
Oh, stupid me, I really should have learned...
2 hours later I put one totally worn out, disillusioned 4 year old to bed thinking she has the meanest parents in the world because I won't give her what I bought last night- NOWWWWWWW!
And to top it off, Ron decided I was so mean that he put a box over his head and kept it on the rest of the evening. He threatened to keep it on until we gave him his present! He even fell asleep with it on his head!
So, during your Christmas shopping, don't follow my lead. Keep your mouth shut. Deny everything! It is much easier on your heart!
I came home from a date with David. We had had a nice meal, went shopping at the mall, and in the process, picked up a few things for the kids for their Christmas. We had a relaxing drive home...enjoying the time to talk to each other without using code words or being interrupted every five seconds. Ahhhhhh
In the door we come, and the first thing out of the littlest one's mouth is, "did you get anything for meeeeee?" (Here comes the blunder...can't you just feel it-stop Kym!!!)
"Well, nothing for now, but I did get one of your Christmas presents...."
Oh, stupid me, I really should have learned...
2 hours later I put one totally worn out, disillusioned 4 year old to bed thinking she has the meanest parents in the world because I won't give her what I bought last night- NOWWWWWWW!
And to top it off, Ron decided I was so mean that he put a box over his head and kept it on the rest of the evening. He threatened to keep it on until we gave him his present! He even fell asleep with it on his head!
So, during your Christmas shopping, don't follow my lead. Keep your mouth shut. Deny everything! It is much easier on your heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment